Karen Zabarsky Blashek
Karen Zabarsky Blashek is the Founder and Principal of Ground Up, a multidisciplinary creative studio specializing in the built environment. She partners with leaders in real estate development, architecture, proptech, and the metaverse to tell compelling stories, bring value to communities, and achieve cultural and economic goals.
Prior to founding Ground Up, Zabarsky spent six years as the Head of Design and Branding for Kushner, one the largest real estate development firms in New York City. She was named one of the 2021 Crain’s New York Top Marketing and Public Relations Professionals, and was recently published on Propmodo and 6sqft.
In 2015, Zabarsky co-founded a pro bono advocacy proposal, the Tanks at Bushwick Inlet Park. She assembled and led a world-renowned design team, and drove design direction and community outreach. Prior, Zabarsky cut her teeth on the business development teams for architecture firms SHoP Architects and STUDIO V Architecture.
Zabarsky was born in Tel Aviv, Israel and raised in Dallas, Texas.
- Strategy, Branding, Interior Design | Silicon Harlem | Harlem, NY
- Co-founder, Design Direction | The Tanks at Bushwick Inlet Park | Williamsburg, NY
- Design Direction | WYND | Miami, FL
- Creative Direction, Activation, PR | Bungalounge | Long Branch, NJ
- Creative Direction, Activation | Wave Resort | Long Branch, NJ
- Strategy, Branding, Activation, PR | CoLab